Monday, May 16, 2011

Date Forty-One: Bedroom Re-do

Darren doesn't really think of redecorating as a date. And maybe its not typical. But, we needed some extended time without the kiddos to paint our bedroom. And how else do you get a big block of time without toddlers running through your paint pans?
We've lived in our house for almost three years and never gotten to really decorate our room. I think I just concentrated on everything else because very few guests actually care what your bedrooms look like. Anyhow, this weekend, I decided the white walls had to go, and talked Darren into going to dinner, shopping for a new comforter, and then painting our bedroom. It took us about 8 hours, start to complete finish (stripping down the room, dinner out, target shopping, paint picking-out, painting, and putting furniture back). We were tired when it was over... but now it looks fantastic! I'm thankful for a husband who is willing to paint on a date. :)
Before:
During:
After:



What do you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's absolutely beautiful, and you are so blessed to have a hubby who agreed to purple!!

Drew & Kari said...

LOVE IT! I'm a big fan of purple, but Im pretty sure Drew would not help me paint that color! ;)

gbt mops said...

Jeremy would kill me if I painted our room purple! Haha.

Lauren said...

Too funny you guys, he actually said he really likes it. :)