Sunday, July 11, 2010

Date Three

It was Darren's turn to plan a date... and I admit... I had my doubts.
And when he informed me that his plan was an eight mile hike...ahem...

But... this turned out to be a fun date.
If you've never been to McAfee's Knob, you might feel like you are dying on the hike (or maybe I'm just really out of shape...), but when you get to the top, its worth it.



The 270 degree panoramic views were breathtaking.



And where I'm sitting is where we ate dinner.
He had a picnic from Firehouse Subs (yummy!) tucked in his backpack.
And he even packed me a cold Diet Dr. Pepper. He knows me well.







The weather was perfect. The wind was blowing, the sky was clear, and the temperature was just right. It was gorgeous.






And he even timed it just right where the sun was setting as we hiked down the mountain.


Date three = success.


Disclaimer: The author of this post reconsidered her raving reviews when she tried to get out of bed the next morning and couldn't move a muscle...

1 comment:

Meg said...

Ha, ha, you are definitely not the only girl who thought she might die climbing MkAfee's but then fell in love with the view :) Good job, Darren!