Monday, June 23, 2008

Thats What I'm Doing These Days...

Sorry for pictureless post, I needed to update this, but I had no new pictures so I kept putting it off...but then I felt like I was getting pretty delinquent. So here is the pictureless update. :)

Last week, Savannah's two top teeth popped through...one at the beginning of the week, and one at the end. Needless to say, we experienced a few sleepless nights, a lot of fussiness, and went through quite a few doses of tylenol and motrin. She wasn't fussy at all with the first two teeth on the bottom, so this fussiness really threw me for a loop! I'm very happy and relieved to have my sweet, happy baby back this week. :) I think I'm not a fan of teething.

Savannah is still cruising around the table and yesterday she started trying to stand up by herself. She hasn't yet been successful, but it almost seems like the more she falls, the more determined she gets. She is so stubborn and determined that I think she'll be on her own with walking and standing in no time at all.

Savannah is sleeping very successfully now. She has slept 11 hours the past two nights and its been wonderful!!! Shes sleeping about 9pm-8am and I don't hear a peep out of her. I get a lot of work done in the early morning hours so that I can play with my sweet girl when she wakes up. :) She has also weaned herself down to one big nap a day in the afternoon. I wasn't really thrilled with this, but a long nap is nice and she's not fussy during the day, so I can't really complain. She sleeps about 2-3 hours during the nap, so thats good. It enables me to either get things done or take a nap too (I wish the second option happened more than the first one)! :)

One more update, not directly related to Savannah. On Friday, Darren's grandmother had a heart attack and very high blood pressure, and she is in the hospital. She is stable and actually handled the whole experience very well. We'd appreciate your prayers for her as her doctors and her daughters work together to try to figure out the best course of action to take now (meds v. surgery).

Well, I better run and get to work... I just wanted to post an update on our precious girl and what has been going on around here lately! Have a great start to your week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Seriously... where has the time gone?! It's stinkin' unreal that she will be walking soon!! Wasn't she just a teeny little newborn?! :)