Monday, June 9, 2008

The End of the Beach Pictures

So, sadly enough, here are the end of the beach pictures. We wanna go back to being beach bums!!!!




Uncle Ben fishing...




Alex, Emily, Lauren, and Darren




Momma and Lauren...




Grandad and Savannah...




Okay... vacation was not all blissful. Let these next pictures thoroughly freak you out so that you never have to go through this. Apparently, I was under the false impression that an umbrella shades UV light from skin... so after I felt like I was getting toasty, I snuck under the umbrella for the rest of the day. After coming in, my legs were intensely burning, I started to throw up and run a fever, and broke out in blisters. The doctor on the island informed me that an umbrella is only equal to 15 spf, and put me on steroid antibiotics for bad sunpoisoning. I'm now praying I don't get melanoma and I'm always going to wear sunscreen for the rest of my life.





Okay, enough of the grossness. Always wear sunscreen.


Anyways, Savannah makes the beach a LOT of fun. :) She was thoroughly entertaining.




I know I'm biased, but isn't she cute?!




She loved it when her Daddy would take her down to the ocean...


And apparently she also liked the taste of saltwater (check out the tongue there!)
PS- Would you believe there are dumb enough people in the world that her 3-inch deep pool clearly said "WARNING- NO DIVING" on the side of it?!

Here is our whole family at our huge round table...



Lauren and Emily...

Lauren and Lizzy...

Savannah in her jumparoo....

And of course, napping with Daddy on the beach...


Hope you enjoyed the snapshots of our week!!! Now, unfortunately, we have to return to work and all of that... which this week means we are remodeling our kitchen! Haha. Pray for sanity and no pitfalls along the way, and I will keep you posted on our progress!!!

1 comment:

Building Walls said...

OOOW I'm sorry about your sun poisoning!!! I hope you're doing better now... I love your beach pictures and they way that you love your family ;) You're such a good wife, mom, and daughter.. AND friend :) Can't wait to see the new kitchen!