Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Craft Fairy Strikes Again.

I've been busy these past few weeks. For some reason, I felt the urge to clean, purge, and redecorate. I'm not really sure what got into me. But the house sure is looking better!


I have a bathroom off of our bedroom that I think used to be a closet. At any rate, it is tiny and completely tiled in a Pepto-Bismol pink color. That doesn't leave a lot of creative license. But I think I managed. Here are the before and after photos.


Shower curtain before:





Shower curtain after:





Because the bathroom is tiny, it has NO cabinets, so I've always stacked my stuff on the back of the toilet. Here is before shelves:





And after $5 shelves from Target:





Rug before:





Rug after:





Ta-da! I like my little owl bathroom much better now.


Next, I decided to tackle the laundry room. I really, really regret not taking a before picture because you wouldn't believe the transformation. But just imagine a concrete room with nothing on the walls, no curtains, no shelves, no trashcan, and no rug. Just a washer, dryer, freezer, and piles of clothes everywhere!


And here is after:











I made this cute little sign following super easy directions on Pinterest.





Then... because I was still in the crafty mood, I made a little canvas button "S" for Savannah's room using spray paint, hot glue, and buttons.





And I didn't want Brookie to feel left out, so I made this for her room out of a painted piece of scrap wood, vinyl lettering, and hot-glued flowers.





And now its time for me to start classes again... so I won't be able to do anything fun until graduation. Come on, May!

No comments: