Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Overheard at the Hospital

Resident: So we are going to discharge Brooklyn today.
Momma: Okay, we want to go home, but she hasn't gained any weight.
Resident: I'm sure she will when she gets home.
Momma: Okay, but if she doesn't start to improve, who do I call? Because she is still coughing and choking when she eats, and she is only eating 2-3 bites at each meal.
Resident: She might just have a tickle in her throat.
Momma: At every meal?
(silence)
Resident: So, we are going to discharge you....

Momma: I really feel bad that I laid into that resident, because I think he was actually nice and it was just his counterparts that were being rude. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Daddy: Like... in your presence... anytime this week?

Momma: Why did you follow me out to the doctors' station?
Daddy: I was prepared to step in and defend them, if they needed it.
Momma: They're actions aren't defensible.
Daddy: I was thinking more along the lines of defending them from physical harm. I don't want to get sued. At the jail, we are trained to take a neutral stance between parties when a fight breaks out. Thats all I was prepared to do.

Doctor: Hi, who are you?
Savannah: I'm Savannah, I'm the big sister. I am not sick. Brooklyn is the sick kid. Not me. I feel fine. So do not come over here and nurse on me.

Friend: (Upon watching the team leave the hospital room....) Whoa! Thats intense! Its like you have your own Greys Anatomy, without all of the cute doctors!

Momma: (After the student nurse exited the room after trying 6 times to take Brooklyn's temperature in her ear without success...) Wow, I really don't think we are dealing with the A students today. I'm thinking they sent over the ones that needed extra credit!

No comments: