Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Attention, please.

We have a monkey in the house. I repeat, a monkey in the house.


Savannah was never a climber. Brooklyn is giving me a run for my money. She has been found in various climbing-ish places lately. On top of the desk, on the back of the couch, on top of the toy box, on the dining room table... and these are just the few that happen when I am paying close attention! Ahem.



They say that time heals things and reduces your memory of things, etc. Sweet mercy, I definitely forgot how busy this age is. Never content to sit still, and always up to something. After placing Brooklyn in her room playing with her kitchen set the other day, I went to put on my makeup. She got quiet, and I found her on top of the toy box eating a cucumber. Whole. Fresh out of the garden vegetable bin, with the dirt still on it. They say not being exposed to dirt can actually kill ya. I guess we can cross that off of Brooklyn's list now.



But really, when its all said and done, what's a momma to do with this sweet monkey? Hugs, kisses, a whole lotta cleaning up, and a whole lotta coffee, that's what.

3 comments:

Mom aka Mimi said...

I once had a monkey in my house too that climbed everything possible. She grew up to be this little monkey's momma. Runs in the family. :-)

Naomi said...

I completely understand :)

the mcquiddys said...

Haha- oh little monkeys. Gotta love them. I have said to myself three times this week "Kristin, you really need to pay more attention to this toddler!" I guess those eyes on the back of my head need to get a vision exam. :)