Tuesday, June 5, 2012

You'll Be In My Heart


Miss B had her very first ballet recital on Saturday.


She danced with the "Angels from Heaven" class at our local dance studio, a free class for special-needs students where experienced, talented dancers help them to master the moves.


These girls dedicate Saturday mornings to helping little ones with special needs.
I admire them so much.
Here is Miss B with Carie, her dance partner. 


Carie brought Brooklyn a ballet bear... we may never get her to let go of it again.


The angels danced to "You'll Be in My Heart" by Phil Collins.  
The song could not have been more appropriate. 


The entire civic center sat spellbound as they watched the magic unfold, and there wasn't a dry eye in the place.  And at the end I had to catch my breath as they all stood...
and gave the angels the only standing ovation of the night.


We couldn't be more proud of our little angel.
Or more thankful for everyone who made her night so special. 



"For one so small, you seem so strong..."

"I know we're different but deep inside us, we aren't that different at all." 
"You'll be in my heart...
Yes, you'll be in my heart.
From this day on, now and forevermore.
You'll be in my heart, no matter what they say.
You'll be in my heart, always. 
Always and always."

No comments: