Saturday, March 3, 2012

Overheard At My House.

Savannah: "Mom, do you wear underwear?"
Mom: "Uh, yes."
Savannah: "I didn't wear any today."
Mom: "Are you kidding me?"
Savannah: "Nope. I like to be naked butt-ed."


Mom: "Listen, Savannah. Brookie is sick again, so she's going to have to stay in the hospital until she gets better."
Savannah: "Oh, I got a great idea. I'll just pray for her to get well."


Savannah: "Mom. Today is pajama day."
Mom: "I'm pretty sure you already had pajama day."
Savannah: "It's pajama day for just me. And they didn't put it on the calendar either. I just know it."


Mom: "Savannah, you need to go make your bed before school."
Savannah: "Why are you so bossy?"


Savannah: "Mom! Mom mom mom! Why didn't you answer me?!"
Mom: "Sometimes things you say don't need an answer. Like when I ask you something and you answer yes or no, I don't need to respond after that. You were the one responding."
(Later that day...)
Mom: "Savannah, you need to come put away your coat and backpack. Did you hear me? Say 'yes ma'am'."
Savannah: "Not everything you say needs a response."


Brooklyn: "No!"
Mom: "Brooklyn, you need to sit down."
Brooklyn: "No!"
Mom: "Yes, and you need to say yes ma'am."
Brooklyn: "Yes."
Mom: "Thank you."
Brooklyn: "No!"

1 comment:

JenHeath said...

Holy Cow! The one about "not needing a response" ... that is SO going to be Jackson in a year or so! She sounds so hilarious!