Monday, February 13, 2012

The Jackpot.

I think having a four-year-old is like hitting the jackpot on parenting. I also love the newborn stage where they are teeny-tiny, snuggly, and sleepy. My least favorite age is 12-18 months, where the little stinkers are big enough to destroy your house but young enough not to really understand much. At two, it gets a little better, but then they can throw a major fit and still need a lot of help with stuff. Plus you have to potty train . Three is pretty good, but at four... they can do a ton of things for themselves but still think you are the coolest, prettiest, and most powerful person in the whole world. Savannah is totally potty trained (although that took half her life), can take a shower, dry her own hair, make her own bed, put away her laundry, fix her own breakfast, and can dress herself. And she still likes to snuggle.


And the creative outfits she comes up with are just an added bonus.





But in spite of being very independent, she still was completely in awe when it flurried a little over the weekend. And she told me that I don't need makeup, and I wouldn't look very good skinny. Love that kid!





Don't worry, I haven't forgotten the kid-scissor crisis of 2012, but most days, having a four-year-old is like hitting the jackpot. :)

No comments: