Sunday, December 18, 2011

Murphy's Law Might Get Renamed.

I think before my life is over, Murphy's Law might get renamed. To Lauren's Law.


Case and point? Friday night. Here is how it went.


The kids went to bed. Savannah got up because she had to pee (of course) and then again because she "lost" her blanket (the one I handed her as I tucked her in bed). Then the kids actually went to sleep. Around 11pm, I also went to bed. That is when things got interesting.


At 12am, Brooklyn rolled over on her feeding tube line, which made the alarm on it start beeping. I went in to fix it, and while I was adjusting her, she woke up and wanted me to hold her. To do that, I had to unhook her feeding tube. Sigh. I rocked her back to sleep and then hooked her back up, and went back to bed.


At 12:30 am, her feeding tube beeped again because she'd rolled over again. This time it was a quick fix. Back to bed.


At 1 am, Savannah got up to pee. She ran into a laundry basket sitting in the hall (even though the light was on) and the noise woke up Brooklyn. Repeat the earlier process.


At 1:45 am, Brooklyn's pump beeped because it was out of formula. Darren refilled it for me.


At 2 am, Brooklyn woke up screaming and tried to peel the tape off of her face. That required new taping. In the middle of the night.


At 2:30 am, Savannah got up and woke me up because she couldn't find the tag on her blankie. That I was able to fix without getting out of bed.


At 3 am, our smoke detector battery died, resulting in it chirping repeatedly. I'm not even kidding. Darren also fixed that.


At 3:30am, Brooklyn rolled over on her line again. I fixed it, she woke up, argh.


At 4:30 am, our alarm system announced that the back door was open. It wasn't, but the sensor had fallen off the door frame. That was kinda freaky. Darren announced that we were probably being punked. I was too tired to find him funny, at all.


At 5 am, Brooklyn's pump beeped again, and she woke up. This time I just said forget it, and unhooked her, and settled her in the recliner with me and a sleeping bag and finished the night out sleeping sitting up. Because you know, sleeping in my bed was oh-so-successful.


At 6:45 am, Savannah busted into Brooklyn's room and said "GOOD MORNING SUNSHINES!" waking us both up for the day.


Lauren's Law, I'm tellin' ya.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

cute...and I feel for you!

Mimi said...

Oh dear, life as you knew it....
Hang in there, girlie. You are doing a fantastic job. I'm proud of you.